Thursday, June 20, 2013

"First" Archimpressions: The Legend of Dragoon

 I liked it more than I remembered liking it. Actually, I think I liked it more than I thought I did.
 I'm almost 3 hours in(2:57), with Dart at level 7 and both Lavitz and Shana at 6 and about to enter Indels Catle at Bale's. It's... fun, the additions system is interesting, but I feel it may make grinding a bit of a pain later on, since for optimal damage output, your brain's going to have to be on all the time.
 Things I like? You start with small number. You start at level 1, with 60 HP and deal less than 10 damage per attack. That's cool. Few RPGs work with the full spectrum of numbers, often times starting you at level 5 to 7, and with hundreds of HP. I also dig how the game starts with a bang, no silly caves or forests, oh no, the first dungeon of the game is a Prison Escape.
 Things I dislike? Limited item capacity. The worst part, is that you won't even know what's inside the chests, a simple "Inventory is full" prompt will pop up and that's it. You have to discard something and hope that whatever is inside is better. Not cool. Another thing I dislike, but haven't encountered yet(But I remember it!) is how in order to backtrack you have to traverse the whole dungeons again, if they stand in your way. And the game will have you backtracking, I remember it so.
 Ah well, so far it seems like a pretty decent game.

No comments:

Post a Comment