Friday, May 2, 2014

Now Playing: Mobile Suit Gundam - Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT PLUS

 Sweet Jesus almighty, this game, THIS GAME!
 Holy. I just took this UMD for a spin, didn't think I'd think in about 2-3 hours, I had stuff to do... Ah well, this game is really, really good. I always felt that the Gundam VS series were tailor made for me, ever since I first placed my grubby hands on Federation VS Zeon.

 As for this game... It's certainly slower than Extreme VS, not necessarily a bad thing. It's got 66 units, more than vanilla Extreme VS, if I'm not mistaken(But then again, this was an updated port of Gundam VS Gundam Next, which in turn was Gundam VS Gundam's sequel, so technically, this is Maxi Boost's equivalent, or rather, Full Boost with all the DLC). I've tried about 8 different units, and some play noticeably different that their Extreme VS counterparts.

 Route system is completely different, more akin to the Gundam VS Z Gundam game, I actually prefer Extreme Vs', but whatcha gonna do? I am starting to prefer these stages to Extreme VS' though, these feel a bit larger and with a lot more variety in terrain and obstacles.

 All in all? I wish I had a secure way of taking the PSP and some UMDs without fearing the screen or the UMDs scratching, as having these game when I'm out on a trip would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment