Thursday, May 1, 2014

Now Playing: Dark Cloud 2

 The only game in which you can create an energy pack out of milk cans.
 If you allow me to dust off a sentence that I love using: "I used to love this game when I was younger, but I never got around finishing it", oh yes, it's another one of those. I invested a solid hour into the game, and I'm impressed. Enhancing weapons is pretty straight forward, and I love how rogue-like it feels! There are traps, healing pools, dungeons, I think, are randomly generated and weapons break. Combat is very basic, and surprisingly, very enjoyable.

 The game has a certain je ne se quois about it that reminds me of Okage: Shadow King, albeit a bit toned down, this is a good thing. Graphics are gorgeous, certainly among the PS2's best, not just on a technical level, but on an artistic one, characters are very unique and stylized, and the environments, so far, are very colorful and detailed(I might've just copy/pasted this into my notes, so as to tweak it for the review, sneaky!).

 Overall, I'm very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment