Sunday, July 27, 2014

Now Playing: God of War Ascension

 I'm not done with Darksiders II!
 Darksiders II is awesome, but it's pretty clear I won't be done with it by the end of the month, and I've been wanting to play this one for a while, and since vacations will be over by the end of the month... I said let's do this.

 Multiplayer: Decent-ish. It's nothing special, it's full of microtransactions if you want the really cool looking armors, and then there are other armors that you need to grind levels. Also, you HAVE to be bald. It feels tacked on and the microtransactions add insult to the injury.

 Single Player: Graphics are amazing, probably the best looking game I've ever played. Gameplay is basically the same as previous games, but for some reason they tied some of Kratos' old moves behind the rage meter. Why? I mean, it makes it look cool when you play GoW 1 or Chains of Olympus, with a stronger and oler Kratos, and having those moves as normal moves, but since this one was the last released, it's just annoying. And the QTEs are getting old, they outgrew their welcome by the time GoW III hit the scene, this is just dumb. And did they really need all this climbing sequences? The Uncharted/Assassin's Creed influence is undeniably, GoW always had platforming, but not like this.

 It may sound like I've only bad things to say about it, but I am having fun, just not as much as I had with previous games.

No comments:

Post a Comment