Monday, February 12, 2018

Now Playing: Samurai Shodown - Warriors Rage

 The most underrated fighter on the PS1?
As per SNK's standards, character design is top-notch.
 I buckled up and prepared for the worse. Reviews hadn't been kind, and I had played Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, I knew that SNK's early 3-D days hadn't been the best. And so I went into training mode and picked that Kuki guy. Strong slashed caused this weird pause on the game, geeze, it wasn't looking hot.

 And thus I went into Story mode and picked Jin-Emon, because I always like getting the characters I like the least out of the way first. And.... and I started having fun. The game is really good. People complained about the three tiered-life bar being a gimmick, but it's an interesting one! Landing hits feels nice, the action isn't as fast as, say Rival Schools, but it's not as slow as your average Samurai Shodown game either. It's good. It's REALLY good.

 My one complaint the is the length of the Story Mode. The fights drag on and on and on, you even have to face a few opponents twice and, sometimes, 5-man gauntlets. The story mode shouldn't have been so bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment