Saturday, February 10, 2018

Now Playing: Digimon Rumble Arena 2 & Prince of Persia - Forgotten Sands(DS)

 One prince, two games. Nothing to do with each other though.
Ain't no Digimon without Greymon and Garurumon.
 I know for a fact that I used to play this one when I was younger... yet I've no memory of ever unlocking anyone besides Neemon! Regardless, I've been playing it a bunch and it's decent enough.  It does fall into the same pitfall that many other Smash clones do of having weird physics, which means that moving around, landing hits and jumping feels... weightless. At leas the game is fun to play, even if the roster is a bit lackluster. You get the 8 classic mons, Veemon, Digimon Frontier's Agunimon, fan-favorite Guilmon, black versions of the usual suspects(Agumon, Gabumon and Guilmon) and two digivolutions for each! As well as a few other mons that don't digivolve, like Omnimon and Duskmon. It's a decent roster.

 All in all, it's more fun than it deserves to be.


All versions of Forgotten Sands have the same cover. Am I to devise a sentence for each?!
 If there's one thing I hate it's tacked on stylus or motion controls, so it'd be safe to say that I'd hate this kiddy version of the Prince and it's dumb controls. But I don't. I mean, they are imprecise, yes, and I'm having some trouble with the game registering my attacks or my wall jumps... but it's rather impressive how well they managed to cram the Prince's acrobatics into the game.

 It's surprisingly not bad, you may even call me... impressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment