Friday, February 23, 2018

Now Playing: Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands(PSP)

 The forgotten Sony handheld.
They could've made unique covers for each version....
 Color me surprised, I knew what expected me in the PSP version of Forgotten Sands, a simple 2-D sidescroller, but it's... really good. Movement and platforming feel great, the combat is... well, it's passable, but it's exactly what I expect out of the franchise by now. The puzzles and time mechanics leave a bit to be desired, although I've only gotten past the first boss so it's not like I've seen everything the game has to offer.

 Still, I'm having fun with the game, although it's a bit tough and not for the right reasons. For instance, during the first boss you have to wait until the entire animation for the pound finishes, if you get to close while the arm is retracting... you'll still get hit, for a ton of damage. It's also hard to let go from memory, so after jumping over enemies I keep tapping X to vault, something the Prince can't do in this game, so I end up getting hit before I remember to press circle to throw instead. Traps and puzzles are kinda punishing too, since they deal a ton of damage for simple mistakes, and you can't rewind time like in the home console games.

No comments:

Post a Comment