Saturday, February 17, 2018

Now Playing: Digimon World 4

 They should've stopped at 3. They should've stopped at 3!!!
It looked so promising...
 I just spent an hour playing this game, dying over and over again, because it's rather hard, and then I got to the boss.... and it one shotted me. I was at full life and it hit me in one hit. One normal hit. This game is horrid.

 Where do I start? How obnoxiously annoying it is to get Digivolutions? The fact that they start you back at level 1? Nah, I didn't get that far yet, so it makes no sense to start there.

 How bout I start with the start of the game, appropriately? Well, first you have to talk to over 10 npcs if you want to learn about the game. But whatever, I know how RPGs work, so I only talked with a few NPCs to learn specifics. After that boring intro you have to set out, alright, you're aching to finally play!... but nope, a tutorial. An unskippable tutorial that doesn't teach you anything special. X attacks, Square blocks. Whoope-doo. And then you make it, finally, into the first world, and get wrecked in second flats.

 But whatever, the game is difficult because it's scaled for four players at the same time, whatever.,,, but why is the game so poorly designed? To do ANYTHING in the game, like changing equipment, you have to talk to NPCs. Because menus are too passe. And why the hell is the store on a separate screen from the guy that lets you change equipment? And why is the gate to the different stages on a THIRD screen? Why? Because they love FORCING you to sit through annoyingly long loading screens. Even changing equipment comes with a loading screen.

 Man, I was gonna digivolve and then grind back to my level. I was gonna do it. But now I know why people don't. This game is boring and it's poorly designed. Easily the worst Digimon game I've ever played. And I played World 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment