Sunday, February 4, 2018

Now Playing: Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones

 Warrior Within 2.0.
Well... he's still relatively serious.
 Man, it has to be said, The Two Thrones makes me feel like I'm playing another take on Warrior Within. After finishing Sands of Time, and going directly into Warrior Within, they felt like very different games... The Two Thrones reuses a ton of assets from the previous game, the combat is almost exactly the same, even if slightly better. People claim that this one matches the tone from Sands of Time... but that's wrong, I think, very early into the game the Prince gets a bladed chain grafted into his skin. And while dismemberment is gone, this Prince is vicious when it comes to killing his enemies.

 It seems like the Dark Prince are scripted sequences rather than letting you freely transform between both... which is a bit of a missed opportunity seeing how both have different skills when it comes to platforming. I dunno, I'm a bit... underwhelmed with this game. I just got out of the sewers and got the first life upgrade, which means I'm relatively early into the game. Hopefully it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment