Friday, April 7, 2017

Now Playing: Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

 The beginning of the end.
 American Wasteland is... is... I don't even...
 You could say my first impressions are not very good. The character creator feels so limited, unless you unlock more stuff in other towns, this is garbage. Also, you start off without every move, which is rather... annoying. I've been playing Tony Hawk since 3, why do you take the moves away from me? And earning your stats now is cumbersome, to say the least. Underground 2 had nailed it just right, this is change for the sake of change. And it's no bueno.

 This first skatepark was... decent, I guess? Kinda small, there was no place to pull off the spine transfer required to upgrade my stats. Fun. The humor is very Tony Hawkish, which was missing in the two games that would come after this one, so that's good. It's also a very colorful game, another thing those later games lacked.

 Meh, it seems rather mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment