Friday, December 19, 2014

Now Playing: Parasite Eve

 SO GOOD.
 Remember when Japanese heroines didn't need to get their clothes torn, or the camera through their legs to be cool? Parasite Eve 1 and 2 remember, before they sexualized the hell out of Aya Brea in PE 3, but sadly, that seems the only way Japan knows how to roll these days....

 But I digress, I had played PE 2 before, but not PE 1, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I love the game, I love how it looks, I love how it sounds, I love how it plays. The cut-scenes remain impressive to this day, managing to convey creepiness in a very convincing manner, the Rat-morphing transformation is so good it even left me a bit awe struck. The music? Hot damn. But the gameplay is amazing. It reminds me of Quest 64, a game that was panned by critics but which I adore, although I didn't get to use Parasite powers since I feared it could lock me out of the best ending, I seemed to remember something like that, but turns out I was wrong.

 I finished the first day, and I can't way to play the rest, so far, it's awesome. I kept thinking to myself "This is SO good. This is SO good." as I went through the theater and sewers, man, is this game good.

No comments:

Post a Comment