Monday, December 29, 2014

Now Playing: Guilty Gear Judgment.... and Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

 Heaven or hell.... Round 1, FIGHT!
 Guilty Gear is awesome. I've loved it ever since I played X back in the day, and eventually wound up playing the first GG, X2, X2 #Reload, X2 Accent Core Plus, GBA and now... Judgment.
 Judgment... is fine. It's a fine game, I like how they reworked the characters to fit a beat'em up game, it ain't perfect, but it's good enough. I'm up to level 3, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of enemy variation, but it's alright.

 On the other hand, the game also includes X2 #Reload, sans Story-Mode, so even if Judgment ain't your thing, you can't say not to X2 #Reload, you simply can't.

 Anyways, thing is, Dungeon Explorer was my 'off game', the one I played when I was bored and wanted a quick gaming fix, but... it ain't very good, I think it  completely burned me out already, after 6 hours of gameplay. No bueno. Anyways, a couple o' days ago I also began...
 I've mixed feelings about it, somewhat. Y'see, the game feels faster? I may be crazy, but I think it feels faster, and that's good. What ain't good is how they cheaped out with the roster. Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 added a ton of new characters(over Storm 1), Generations just added a few new ones and brought back the child versions(They just ported the Storm 1 characters). Storm 3 adds about 10 new characters... but I heard that you fight the Dead Kages in Story Mode, yet they wouldn't become playable until Revolution. That's not cool, specially since they removed one combo from every character. Why? No, really, why would they do that? So that they could make more characters? Then why not have the Dead Kages playable? Oh, and the DLC costumes? They are terrible. They expected you to pay for Madara(Alive), they just cleaned his skin, for Itachi and Kisame with... hats. Really? They wanted money for that? And what about the terrible, terrible Naruto and Sasuke costumes? And why did they give every female a swimsuit? Are they really that desperate for money that they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator? And Revolution would get even worse with this....

 However, the Story Mode is awesome. It takes place during the time in which the story began getting a bit... worse, but so far it's still tolerable. The cutscenes are awesome as they were on Storm 2. However, as much as I'm loving it, sometimes it feels as if there's too much talking. They even tried to spice it up by adding fights that didn't happen in the manga, but still...

 Ah well, all in all, it's already better than Generations. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment