Thursday, December 25, 2014

Now Playing: Dungeon Explorer - Warriors of Ancient Arts

 Eh...
 So, here's the deal, I loved Dungeon Explorer on the DS, heck, it was my favorite DS game for a while. I spent hours upon hours building my fighter, and I created to alternate classes/characters as well. And for the longest time, I ached to play the PSP version, which at the time, looked much better.

 First thing that rubbed me the wrong way: The female playable characters are completely fanservicey, they have the hugest cleavages, and most of them have at least one naked buttock. They look so silly. Then I began the game, and the gameplay is... it's fine, nothing special. I was immediately reminded of the Dungeon Explorer DS' palette, where you could assign items or skills. One thing I'm not liking is how much your attacks miss, at least at this level, it's not uncommon for an entire 5-hit string to miss completely. I even died on my first mission! But to be fair, I wasn't paying attention to my life bar.

 At the moment, I'm unimpressed, buuuut I have high hopes that it will grow on me. Dungeon Explorer DS looked terrible, and the combat was simple to a fault, yet I fell completely in love with it, so maybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I will grow to love it. I also have to keep in mind that I'm dead tired and my stomach is aching from all the Christmas food, so I'm gonna keep a positive outlook on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment