Saturday, December 6, 2014

Now Playing: Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Tag Team

 Another day, 'nother DBZ game.
 So, there I was, despairing and studying, I wanted something to play, to take a break. I could continue with Gran Turismo 1, but... I just wasn't feeling it. I could've continued Project X Zone, but that game is getting so boring, and each stage takes like an hour, so it was a no go. I could play my second favorite PSP game, Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus, but I wanted something new. So I picked Tenkaich Tag Team.

 It's awesome. Graphics are comparable to the PS2 version, it lacks some details, and the particles aren't as good, but overall, it's almost as good. Controls are tight, and the gameplay is basically the same... but with two other fighters on the arena. It's awesome. The story mode has some charming SD models, but I'm not feeling the "looseness" of the adaptation. Gohan falling from the Nimbus Cloud at the beginning just so that they could teach you about towns? Having a friendly spar with Krillin? Yeah, no, I'd rather have a more faithful story, but it's no biggie. There's no dual audio, which is kind of a bummer, this is the second time I'm gonna play a Dragon Ball game in English, Budokai 1 being the other, I don't really mind it, but I like the Japanese voices, oh well!

 As it stands, it looks like a great PSP game, and god knows I needed a good PSP game...

No comments:

Post a Comment