I just love having to buy repeats!
Just what I wanted, more Jedi Temple Guards in my collection. I mean... Boy, do I have a lot to say about this pack.So, I won't be speaking about the Clone Wars Temple Guard because I already covered him when he released by himself. But since Hasbro is often greedy, the only way to get the Rebels Temple Guard is by double dipping. Oh, but it's not that simple! This pack can only be bought at the Disney store, and it costs 60 usd, meaning 30 per figure, BEFORE shipping, and unless you add more stuff into your order you are not getting free shipping, so it's, technically, over 60 usd for a character you probably already owned and the new one. That's just nasty. And this is technically an army building pack, so it has no reason being that expensive.
While I don't think this design is as good as the other one, I still like how the guy looks, I like how his only accessory, his lightsaber pike, looks too. Reuse between both figures is minimal, consisting of only the arms, and maybe, the upper legs. Even the heads are different, because this one is bigger because it doesn't come with a hood.
The lightsaber pike can be collapsed, that said, the joint connecting both ends is scarily tiny.
On the other hand, they cheaped out on the paint for the hilt, so the silver is already chipping. Lame, lame, very lame.
Articulation is pretty good. A ball jointed waist, butterfly joints, single jointed elbows and knees with good range, and the new ball-peg wrists for good measure. The one true handicap is his waist armor that somewhat limits how much he can lift his legs to the side. The shoulder pads rotate along the arm, so no issues there. He is a smidge shorter than Buck Cap.
If I could buy the figure by himself I'd be much more lenient with the score, but c'mon, the previous Jedi Temple Guard isn't even a year old and they already are reusing him on a two pack. And not happy with it, the two pack is more expensive than buy two figures by themselves, and that's BEFORE the shipping you'll have to, most likely, pay for. And, look, maybe if it was the most spectacular figure even I wouldn't mind, but it's just a nameless Jedi Temple Guard.
The lightsaber pike can be collapsed, that said, the joint connecting both ends is scarily tiny.
On the other hand, they cheaped out on the paint for the hilt, so the silver is already chipping. Lame, lame, very lame.
Articulation is pretty good. A ball jointed waist, butterfly joints, single jointed elbows and knees with good range, and the new ball-peg wrists for good measure. The one true handicap is his waist armor that somewhat limits how much he can lift his legs to the side. The shoulder pads rotate along the arm, so no issues there. He is a smidge shorter than Buck Cap.
If I could buy the figure by himself I'd be much more lenient with the score, but c'mon, the previous Jedi Temple Guard isn't even a year old and they already are reusing him on a two pack. And not happy with it, the two pack is more expensive than buy two figures by themselves, and that's BEFORE the shipping you'll have to, most likely, pay for. And, look, maybe if it was the most spectacular figure even I wouldn't mind, but it's just a nameless Jedi Temple Guard.
5.5






No comments:
Post a Comment