Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Action Figure #902: STORM Arena Sagat

 I'd be angry too if I was bald.

 I wouldn't stop at just one Sagat oh no. I know, I said I'd only buy STORM Arena figures of SF characters Jada hadn't made... but... I kinda fell in love with the Storm Arena line, for all its faults, so here I am.
 This is one of the best sculpted figures I own bar none. This guy's musculature is lovingly sculpted in a way that looks incredible, filled with exaggerated detail that makes him look all so imposing. I also love how they kept the anime proportions of Street Fighter Alpha, making his hands and feet look large and powerful. So, yeah, doesn't matter how I pose him, he always looks amazing.

 He comes with an effect piece, a stand, two heads(Neutral and scowling), two fists and two open hands.
 The effect piece is this sort of flame diaper for his leg that doesn't look very good and loves to come off his leg. It's a shame, because STORM Arena's effects have been pretty good... until now.
 Articulation is incredible, as usual: Double jointed elbows and knees, with swivels on his thighs, shins and biceps. He has very generous butterfly joints and a ball jointed ab crunch and waist, as well as drop-down hips. The only place it's a bit lacking is the torso articulation, as he can't bend forward or backwards too much. Also, due to the soft-plastic torso, his entire neck loves to pop off from the ball peg. They are minor gripes, really, the guy can hit a ton of different poses.
 And the comparison with JADA's. Jada's is actually a tiny bit taller, but this one looks a thousand times cooler. That said, I prefer Jada's engineering, with hard plastic for his chest and simpler joints. Also, I don't really blame JADA, as their Sagat looks very soft... much like his Street Fighter II sprite does, while STORM Arena went for the much sharper and stylish Alpha design. Regardless, both are excellent figures, that would look incredible on any Street Fighter collection, and it's up to personal preference which one is better. As expected, he is quite a bit taller than Bucky Cap.
 So, yeah, fantastic figure. His neck popping off every now and then is the only thing that holds back this figure, as I don't mind the scrappy effect piece considering he doesn't need it to look badass.
9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment