Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Action Figure #897: Longbox Heroes Prestige The Tick

 SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

 Confession time: I never really liked The Tick back when I was younger, even though my sister loved it. But, him being part of my childhood, I sorta had to get him the moment he was announced, plus, I love having comic book heroes outside Marvel and DC. Hilariously, the wait for the figure turned into a deep-dive into the world of the Tick, as I've read every single issue ever made... which aren't many to be honest. And while I don't think the comics ever reached the height of the first 13 issue incomplete run, other writers had the occassional gem here and there... like The Tick being the Herald of a Galactus expy, riding a floating flip flop!
 The sculpt is top notch, they made him very top-heavy, as he is always portrayed, and they kept his giant, rectangular jaw intact. The guy has very little paint, in fact, outside of his heads, he is pure blue plastic, so some kind of wash, to highlight the muscles, would've been nice. Aside from that... yeah, the sculpt is perfect, I wouldn't change anything about it.

 He comes with two fists, two gripping hands, his evil-finder spectacles, the tie he used to harass the Superman expy and a base. Maybe an alternate set of open hands, or even a spoon, the one that inspired his catch-phrase, would've been welcome, but what is here suffices.
 The figure has import-styled joints, of which I'm not much of a fan, but they are smooth... for the most part. He has double jointed elbows and knees, with swivels on his biceps and thighs. Due to the import-styled joints that have more pieces than are really necessary, his bicep swivels are very tight, and I dare not apply oil to them, in case it might loosen the connection between the shoulder and elbow. Yeah, not a fan of import-styled joints. He has a ball jointed ab-crunch and waist, but they don't have much range, as well as toe-joints and 360 butterfly joints. I had both of his arms pop out of the torso, one of the arms twice, but they pop back in very easily.
 This is as much as he can bend forward.
 And as far as he can bend backwards. As stated before, it's kind of pathetic. At least the torso shifts to the sides much better. He is quite a bit taller than Bucky Cap.
 He is definitely not perfect, between the tight bicep swivels and the arms that shouldn't pop out at all... but they got the look of The Tick to a tee, and the articulation is pretty good. I've high hopes for the rest of the line.
8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment