As far as I could tell, this is a completely new sculpt. Even the hands, with the white lines, have the outlines sculpted onto them. It all goes to show that someone in the Marvel Legends team did care about good ol' Robbie. The look of the figure is really good, the skull has all the lines it's known for sculpted on it, although unpainted. I've seen some people putting paint on it, and it does look nice and reminiscent of how he was drawn by the Luther Strode artist, but I'm not sure if it fits the aesthetics of Marvel Legends. So, for all intents and purposes, I like the figure we got. It's a good, new sculpt, and I think they did a good job with him.
He comes with two gripping hands, a fist, an open hand, a longer version of the plastic chain they love recycling, a hammer and a crowbar. Only thing I would've added would've been Robbie's human face.
The chain can connect to either crowbar or hammer on one end only, which is kinda limiting, but since it's made of plastic... it barely hold on. So as a feature, it leaves a lot to be desired.
Articulation is relatively good. He has double jointed elbows and knees, with knee, thigh, bicep and waist swivels, as well as a hinged ab crunch. No butterfly joints here, sadly. The one big issue with him is the tried and true gummy shoulders. I had to oil the shoulders to make them smoother as not to stress the plastic on the shoulders. I'm dead tired of these gummy shoulders that will break one day. It's the reason I'm not buy as many Marvel Legends as I used to. He is a bit shorter than Danny Ketch, which makes him a bit shorter than Johnny and Bucky Cap.
Great new sculpt, good articulation, crappy plastic. Basically, the same as most current Marvel Legends.
The chain can connect to either crowbar or hammer on one end only, which is kinda limiting, but since it's made of plastic... it barely hold on. So as a feature, it leaves a lot to be desired.
Articulation is relatively good. He has double jointed elbows and knees, with knee, thigh, bicep and waist swivels, as well as a hinged ab crunch. No butterfly joints here, sadly. The one big issue with him is the tried and true gummy shoulders. I had to oil the shoulders to make them smoother as not to stress the plastic on the shoulders. I'm dead tired of these gummy shoulders that will break one day. It's the reason I'm not buy as many Marvel Legends as I used to. He is a bit shorter than Danny Ketch, which makes him a bit shorter than Johnny and Bucky Cap.
Great new sculpt, good articulation, crappy plastic. Basically, the same as most current Marvel Legends.
7.0





No comments:
Post a Comment