Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Now Playing: Rise of the Argonauts

 And now, we travel from Ancient Rome towards Ancient Greece...
Both NA and PAL covers are equally bad, but I got my hands on the European version.
 Upon first booting up the game you're treated to a wonky framerate adoring an assault on your Palace. But you defeat them and then... discover that the game feels wonky as a whole, just try to go down stairs and watch Jason hop as he goes downwards. Oh, and just try to get out of the Palace, which is no easy task, who designed that thing!? And then I kept playing and I noticed that I had no health bar. Maybe the screen would turn grey as I lost health? Dunno, I was taking damage but nothing was happening. And then, after finishing the Challenge of Ares I went into options and.. the Battle HUD is off by default, who knows why, turns out there actually is a healthbar, even if it took me two hours to figure it out. Well, I hopped on to Argo ready to set sail for the Cave of the Oracles.

 Rise of the Argonauts is alright. It looks mediocre, the framerate sucks buuut the combat is relatively fun. Engaging in conversation with other NPCs is made worth it thanks to the possibility to earn Aspect points or even new equipment pieces. Despite how hard the game tried to turn me off with its lackluster presentation... the game is quite fun. That said, I've played about 2 hours and the combat is already getting a bit dull, so hopefully it picks up once I set foot on a new location.

No comments:

Post a Comment