Friday, January 19, 2018

Now Playing: Fear Effect

 .... I am scared alright, scared of how bad the controls are.
Hana and her entourage seem like an interesting bunch.
 Alright, so I was kinda in the middle of Grandia Xtreme, but... Fear Effect 2 arrived and I think that one of the discs might be busted, so I decided to play the Fear Effect duology asap. I've never been much interested in the franchise 'till until a few months ago, and my first impressions are less than positive.

 For starters, the controls are awful. Whenever you roll, which is pretty much required, you have to keep in mind that left mean's Hana's left, not the left-left that would make sense. It's so dumb. The first boss mauled me over 10 times because of poor controls and poor collision detection, even if it looks like the way is paved for your shots to arrive on target... don't trust your eyes, only trust the in-game icon that says you're locked on.

 The health system is kinda dumb too, there're no recovery items, instead, your health recovers, or lowers, depending on how you play. It makes little sense honestly. I was at full health, but oh no, the boss scared Hana so much that her health lowered to orange. It's so dumb!

 Overall? I think there's a reason people forgot about Fear Effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment