Monday, January 29, 2018

Now Playing: Prince of Persia - Warrior Within

 The Prince's teenage rebel phase.
Alright, now the Prince is even MORE serious.
 I'll always wonder why people automatically assume that dark and gritty means that it's bad. Alright, so Warrior Within tries hard to be dark and edgy, with buxom babes, cursing and maiming... but that doesn't make it bad, particularly when it polishes and expands upon the first game.

 The Sands of Time? Excellent, but with passable combat. Warrior Within has the same parkour, but with a few new tricks, has better combat, I'd call it good, and expands on the sands powers. Sure, the story is not as good, although the set-up is more original, and yes, its portrayal of women seems as if straight out of a 12 year old's mind... but the gameplay is more of the same but better.

 Regardless, I used to love Warrior Withing when I was younger, I played this game over and over and over again. Even though on my first playthrough I was victim to the Sand Wraith bug, which turned me into the Sand Wraith way before it should've and it meant that I could advance through the game... at to a certain point. Just in case I'm playing with two savefiles this time around! Still, as soon as I found out that I was stuck for good, and I kept playing as the Sand Wraith because I didn't notice I wasn't the Prince any more before it was too late, on the off chance that I would be able to finish the game... and I couldn't. But I didn't care, I immediately started the game again and got to the end. And I loved it. Hopefully I'll be as in love now as I was back then by the time I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment