Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Now Playing: Grandia Xtreme

 Xtremely Boring.
What the hell is Evann wearing on his head!?
 I used to really like Grandia Xtreme, I think I even liked it more than 2. How foolish I used to be. After enduring one of the most boring introductions I've seen in recent years, featuring a CG intro that made no sense and explained nothing, followed by an absurdly long introductory shot that alternates between Evan, the protagonist, training and some random weirdo riding a bike. And then you have to stomach a ton of un-fastforwardable, unvoiced dialogue....

 Still, as soon as I got into a fight... it got fun. It is Grandia alright, and it plays pretty much just like Grandia 2, but with less framerate issues or bugs. That said,a s fun as the combat is, I wonder if it can make up for having such an uninteresting story. I'm not too hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment