Friday, December 1, 2017

Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES

 A Festival of emo boys shooting themselves in the head.

 I love Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona 4 is one of my favorite games ever, probably my favorite PS2 game ever, and yet... I never got around playing Persona 3, until now.

 There's a bunch of things I liked, like the ambiance. Everything feels darker, eviler than in Persona 4, a very welcome change of pace. I also like most of the gameplay, which is to be expected considering that the game runs on a modified version of Nocturne's engine.

 Buuuut there're also things I didn't like. The Tartarus seems kinda lame, a randomized dungeon that looks the same all the way through? And not being able to control my allies, seriously? I will be fuming if the AI costs me a battle. And I know, I know, it's not the first SMT game to have CPU allies, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. And I don't. Also, I think there's a tiredness factor when exploring the Tartarus, and I hope it's not as restrictive as I'm imagining.

 Yeah, there're definitely more things I disliked than the ones I liked, buuuuuuut I think the ones I liked carry more weight. I think, but only time will tell. I'm also planning on playing 'The Answer', so it might be a while before I come back to this lovely ol' blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment