Monday, December 18, 2017

Archile's Grab-bag: Christmas Cometh Earlier Edition

 It's been a while...
 It's been a while since I did one of these, but that's simply because I haven't been buying in bulk, and it'd be kinda lame to write a new entry for every individual purchase I make. Buuut a lot of mail has piled up, so it's time for another grab bag!
 DICE - DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises: This is an animu game... I think. I'm not too sure, but I saw some gameplay and it looked pretty decent. Characters looked like Kamen Rider rejects that could ride robotic dinosaurs. Robotic Dinosaurs. Can you blame me?
 Grand Theft Auto III: Playing this game for the first time was a revelation, there was nothing quite like it at the time, even Driver 2 fell short of what GTA III did. Which makes it so interesting that sandbox style games have become the norm nowadays, and it was all because of this little game. I loved GTA III, but I think that my love for it diminished after playing Vice City, there simply was no going back.
 BloodRayne: I used to LOVE this game back in the day, there was so much fun stuff that Rayne could do, shredding enemies to bits while in slo-mo, jump around and shoot at two different targets at the same time, and feed from an enemy while using his body as a shield... fun stuff. I also distinctly remember being amazed at the graphics involving drapes and flags.
 BloodRayne 2: As much as I loved BloodRayne 1, I didn't play much of the sequel. I owned it on the PC, but it simply didn't charm me as much as the first one did.
 Fear Effect: I clearly remember not being interested in the Fear Effect saga at all when I was younger, as tantalizing as the ads for the second game were. But for whatever reason I got interested in the games a few days ago, so I'm gonna take them for a spin.
 Disney's Treasure Planet: One of Disney's most underrated films, I've been bitten by the Disney bug, so I'm gonna try out a few of their games.
 Disney's Treasure Planet:  ....which includes both versions of Treasure Planet. I might look into the Gameboy Advance game as well....
 Medievil II: I was never too interested in the Medievil franchise but I do remember giving Medievil 2 a chance and it failed to capture my interest. But I'm a bit curious about the game now, so...
 Medievil: ....so I'll be giving them another chance come Halloween 2018.
 Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas: San Andreas was the PS2 GTA game that I liked the least. I remember being so hyped about it, since you were going to be able to customize CJ, expand on the melee system and the ability to swim! But... the gang & thugs storyline didn't do it for me, having to mind CJ's weight was annoying and the melee system meant that you could only switch between styles. If you asked me, Vice City is still the best.
 God of War 2: After rediscovering how good God of War was I was left wanting more. So... it's time to replay God of War II!

No comments:

Post a Comment