Friday, December 1, 2017

Month Overview: November 2017

 Tally:
Final Fantasy XII 6.0
Samurai Western 6.0
Rygar - The Legendary Adventure 7.5
Beyond Good & Evil 7.5
Brave Fencer Musashi 8.0
God of War 9.0
Oni 4.0
XIII 8.0
Bujingai - The Forsaken City 4.5
Psychonauts 9.0
Way of the Samurai 2 6.0
Drakan - The Ancient Gate 7.5


 This month I played a nice mixture of games I had play before and games that were new to me. Some games were a nice reminder of my youth, while others... were better left off in my memories. And now comes the big #500, which is kinda amazing. I got to play and write about 500 different(Erm... a few were the game game but on a different platform, but then again, I count 'Collections' as a single game, so I think it evens out) games. I had a tough time selecting game #500, and as much as I would've liked it to be Suda51's 'The Silver Case' it probably won't arrive any time soon, so I settled with Persona 3. Hopefully it won't take me the entire month of December, but then again, hopefully I start working in December.

 Runner-up:
 Guess we'll never know why the blades disappear after a while...
 It took me by surprise just how well God of War 1 has aged. Production values are through the roof, the combat feels very nice, the challenge is just right and the game is just a pleasure to look at. The story is pretty decent too, and I love the way it's told. I do agree that it trades a bit of depth for spectacle, but man, does the game go for epic moments and set-pieces.

 Game of November 2017:
Shame the mini-sequel is VR only.
 I most definitely did not expect to fall in love with this game the way I did. I don't think my expectations were high, but man did it surprise me. I loved the amount of depth characters had, how their minds worked as a reflection of their personality, filled with tons of subtle, and not so subtle, details. The gameplay was fun and funny too, thanks for the wide variety of reactions every character has to almost everything Raz can show them or do to them. It's a game that actually manages to be funny, plus, the artstyle is absolutely delightful, which goes hand in hand with some of the very creative stages. The Milkman level is one for the ages...

No comments:

Post a Comment