Sunday, December 24, 2017

Now Playing: God of War II

 Bigger, badder, better and... balder.
Yup, a couple of years of rest didn't help, he's still angry.
 God of War 1 was pretty good, wasn't it? God of War II immediately sets out to outclass it with an epic starting level. Remember the Hydra? That was small potatoes, now you are fighting a giant colossus. And it's epic. QTEs return, I still hate them. Kratos' basic moveset also returns, which is kinda lame since he will keep the same moves throughout most of his games, and you'll have to unlock them level by level in each.

 Regardless, somehow they managed to make this game feel even smoother than God of War 1, and that game was butter-smooth. Something about how landing hits and the animation flow makes it all feel heavy, but smooth... you have to play it to truly appreciate it.

 I've only played the very first stage and I'm liking it a lot. If I remember correctly I liked this game a lot more than the first one when I first played it, but I'll keep my expectations in check... despite how good this first level felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment