Sunday, September 17, 2017

Now Playing: TMNT(PS2)

 As underwhelming as ever...
Deja vu.
 A few years ago, during a Ninja Turtle Month, I played TMNT on the Gamecube. I didn't like it. Earlier this year I came across this game, brand new, dirt cheap on the PS2, so I said... why not? So here I am, giving it another chance. And since this year saw no new TMNT game released, there'll be no Ninja Turtle month, plus, after the Spider-manathon, I'm not ready for a thematic month again... not until October anyways.

 So, first... I mean, second-first impressions? The combat is underwhelmingly bland, but, BUT the platforming is rather fun, I expected no less from Prince of Persia's developer. The stages, at least the first one, looks quite nice too. I'm not sure if my memory deceives me, but I think the game looks crisper than it did on the Gamecube. I might be remembering it wrongly though. I might check out the Gamecube version again after I'm done. Might.

 Lastly, I won't be reading my thoughts on the GC version until I'm done, since I don't want to temper with my current playthrough. At the end I will either validate everything I said or change my stance on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment