Friday, September 15, 2017

Now Playing: The Simpsons - Hit & Run

 The best Simpsons game at the time of its release, and maybe the best to this day.
I call a spade a spade. This is pretty much Grand Theft Simpsons.
 Alright, I just finished Homer's first level, and it seems like a pretty decent game. It's a GTA clone, and it's a relatively decent one. Mind you, the game seems pretty skimpy in missions but it makes up for in sheer fanservice, the costumes, the cars, the environment.... this is a love letter to The Simpsons.

 The game's physics are a bit floaty, but I guess it fits the animated world of the Simpsons, although I would've preferred something more precise. The difficulty is pretty uneven too, take Cletus' first mission which was a pain in the rear to complete, but then came Gramps' bonus mission on the second level and I cleared it on my first try, no hassle. And that's the thing, the difficulty spikes every now and then, I think it could've used a more consistent difficulty increase as the game went along, but then again, I'm only judging from the first two levels.

 Regardless, it's relatively good.

No comments:

Post a Comment