Sunday, September 10, 2017

Now Playing: Stretch Panic/Freak Out/Hippa Linda

 3 titles, 1 game.
 I desperately needed to use that opening line.
 Finally, after searching high and low, I got meself a copy of Stretch Panic. And it's really weird, and really good. I've already taken down 4 sisters and decided that the game is brilliant, even if the execution is a bit wonky.

 My very first impressions weren't very... favorable, to say the least. Linda moved as fast as a sack of potatoes, using the scarf was cumbersome and the overall set-up, having to grind for points, was dumb. And then I started fighting the sisters and my opinion changed 180 degrees. Battles are intense, are fun and usually require you to figure out the best ways to fight the sisters. For instance, take the robot girl. She was mauling me, she gave me my very first game over.... so instead of going head-to-head I took a more defensive approach, sending back the very missiles she shot at me, and slowly but surely I beat her. And that's brilliant, the fact that bosses can be taken down in various different ways! And it's fun to figure out, like the Siren sister, I figured out her weakness by pure accident. Brilliant, brilliant game.

 That said, the grinding for points, while not as bad as it sounds, is a bit questionable. And the overall movement, of both Linda and her scarf, leave a lot to be desired, it lacks precision, both Linda AND her scarf.... but it's nothing you can't get used to. Oh well, gotta go save more sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment