Friday, February 27, 2015

Now Playing: Pokemon Omega Ruby

 'Nother Pokemon generation, 'nother Pokemon remake.
 Whoopty do! So Omega Ruby, officially started it. I mean, what is there to say? They removed customization, with sucks since the Ruby's cap is terrible, but now you can run in diagonals, which is all kinds of awesome. I mean, what is there to say? It's Pokemon, it's the same game it's ever been, I like it.

 I guess I could write a bit about my history with Ruby? I bought Ruby pretty much at release, and at the time, I remember hating the new monsters(I still do!), but there were some standouts, like Groudon and Torchic, 'sides, I hadn't seen Generation 4 and how bad they could get, so I don't dislike them as much now a days. Trainer Bases were something I absolutely adored, it was like a enhanced version of your Room in Gold and Silver, however, I would've liked some way of knowing WHERE your Secret Base was, since coming back to the game after some weeks meant I would forget! I also remember being extremely disappointed that there was no Johto after finishing the game, no other game after Gold or Silver would house 16 badges ever again.

 For as much flak as I give Ruby, it's quite probably the Pokemon game I replayed, in its entirety, the most. After I first finished the game, a bazillion years later I would transfer all my 'mons to Pearl, and I gave it two other playthroughs to farm Legendaries and the other two starters to my Platinum game. Eventually, I would replay it again in order to transfer every Ruby 'mon to Heart Gold. At that time my Wi-Fi was being wonky, so I didn't bother farming legendaries, plus, I had everything I needed to fill the dex in Platinum, so my life long dream of completing the Dex had been fulfilled. Kinda. I eventually completed it in Y though!

 Expectations? I dunno. I'm open to the idea of being surprised, but I'm not particularly fond of Hoenn, and the removal of Trainer Customization was, in my eyes, a huge step backwards. But then again, Mega Beedrill is all kinds of badass... Even though my Mega of Choice is, usually, Scizor.

No comments:

Post a Comment