Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Now Playing: Gods Eater Burst

 Easy-mode Monster Hunter?
 So, when I first popped in the game, I expected a Monster Hunter clone. I wasn't ready for the anime. Let's say that the anime opening is as ANIMUUUU as it gets! And so is the character creator. This is both good and bad. The good? Like most post-apocalyptic anime media, it features a pretty cool setting, the monster design, so far, is pretty neat, and the weapons are fairly original... however, female characters are walking fan service pieces of meat. Because that's the only way Japan knows how to portray women. Ironically, the female avatars are pretty decent, it's the NPCs that look all kinds of ridiculous next to the fully clothed badass male characters.

 That aside, I'm diggin' the gameplay, it's like an easier Monster Hunter. Sure, the Vajra kicked my butt in the Cowboy Mission, but I'm pretty sure that if I had tried harder, I could've beaten him. I love the gameplay too, it feels like a more agile Monster Hunter, the dashing is more responsive, the 'stepping' covers more ground and there's jumping and double jumping, plus, the weapon attacks are much faster. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment