Saturday, February 14, 2015

Now Playing: Half-Life

 It's fun, has aged pretty well so far.
 So, here's the deal: Gods Eater is a blast, I'm close to the end of vanilla GE(Meaning, Diff 6 missions... but then there's the Difficulty 7-10 Burst missions...), but right now I have to farm Emperor Fangs from the big bad Vajra Emperor... and it's gonna take a while. So I need an interim game, and since I had to delete my Half-Life data a couple of months ago to make space in my memory card... Well, Mr Freeman, it's time to get reacquainted!

 The game has aged pretty well. The ally CPU is absolutely terrible, it loves getting stuck, in no small part due to the game defaulting to the 'Dash' speed, so unless you are incredibly precise with the analog stick to just maintain a run... they are gonna be left behind. There's also platforming. In a First Person Shooter. It feels pretty off, I only fell to my death once, but more than a couple of times I felt as I wouldn't make it. No bueno!!

 That said, the gameplay is pretty fun, it's hard to explain, but it feels good. It's a pretty basic game, from an era long gone by, but it feels good. Shooting is fun, exploring Black Mesa is fun.

 And after I'm done, I'll have to do a DECAY run, the PS2 exclusive(I don't remember if the Dreamcast had it as well, or if it had its own unique alternate mode) in which you play as two female scientists, with their own power suits! It's pretty alright, although it doesn't work very well with one player.

No comments:

Post a Comment