Monday, February 2, 2015

Archile's Grab-bag: Xrd Edition

  As I usually say... ' I don't often do these for this kind of small packages but...' Xrd is a game I've been looking forward for a while now, so it deserves one of these.
  Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 4: I stopped liking Naruto after about... the Pain Saga, in my opinion it got worse and worse and worse, the Ninja War was particularly bad. That said, back when it had finished I was hyped, I get hyped very easily, and I kinda bought this. Right now, said hype is gone so I'm left wondering.... Why did I ever care about this?
 Guilty Gear Xrd - Sign: My first foray into the GG series was with X on the PC. The first time I had heard about it was on ads on Xpert Gamer and Gamepro Magazines. Thing is, I was sold on the art style of both games, and when I tried playing X on my PC... the sprites would flicker, if not outright disappear. My PC wasn't good enough, so X was one of the major reasons I upgraded my PC. I spent countless hours on the series, I would later continue onto the XX series on the PS2, and eventually went back to Guilty Gear on the PSOne. Needless to say, Guilty Gear is a fighting game franchise I'm very fond of, and this game is one I've been looking for ever since I heard about it. Sure, they ruined Ky, they added characters that look straight out of Blazblue( Ephelt? The naked last-boss chick? Really? I don't want Blazblue on my Guilty Gear, Blazblue is a terrible fan-service driven series(At least the gameplay is ace) but the gameplay seems pure Guilty Gear. And it looks, visually, amazingn.

No comments:

Post a Comment