Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Month Overview: Game of September

 Games completed in September:
 Street Fighter IV                                     7
 Zone of the Enders HD Collection          10
 Dragon Ball Budokai HD Collection        7
 Tales of Graces F                                    8
 Dynasty Warriors 2                                 4
 Forever Kingdom                                    5
 Genji: Days of the Blade                          5

 Eh... Well, at least I got to revisit Zone of the Enders 2 and remind myself why I loved it so much. Genji 2 wasn't really a letdown since I knew how mediocre it was. Forever Kingdom on the other hand.... I knew Evergrace wasn't too good, since I had played it, but for some reason I expected something really good out of FK(In the coffee?). Dynasty Warriors 2 was also awful, I loved it as a 11 year old boy, but after playing the newer installments, there's no going back. Ever.

 Game of the Month:
 I could've gone with ZoE 2, I could. But I knew that game, as good as it was, I was already familiar with it. Tales of Graces  however, was something completely new. I spent over 60 hours on this little game, and grew closer to it's cast of characters. Hubert interested me the most, and after Richard became playable, all the skits became hilariously good. The Mask of Barona, need I say more? The gameplay was pretty good too, I wasn't too fond of the CC, but it wasn't bad, simply not my cup of tea.


 Runner-up:
 I played ZoE 2 three times from beginning to end. And I loved every second of each. That's how good ZoE 2 is, that's how well it has aged. Since this is the HD Collection, you also get ZoE 1, which isn't even half as good as 2, but it's there, so why complain? I don't know how bad it was before the patch, but after the patch it was as good as it needed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment