Thursday, October 3, 2013

First Archimpressions part 1: Tales of Xillia

 YOU CAN MOVE THE CAMERA.
 I've put less than an hour in the game, hey time constraints, so I didn't get to battle, hence part 1. So very very very first impressions? It feels like Graces, but better, and that's a really good thing. For starters, you can move the camera, and it feels good, actually, it's a bit loose, but I didn't mind too much. Movement also feels similar to Graces, and so does costume/accessory switching. I didn't check if titles worked the same, but I'm betting yes.
 Visually it's... it's not all that better than Graces. Characters have individual fingers now, which is cool. Still, something about the models rub me the wrong way, maybe their emotionless faces and their realistic looking hands coming from simpler arms? I dunno. Music.... I only heard one track, but it sounded really nice, and very different from Graces. Graces musical pieces felt like previous Tales games I've played, so this sounding different is pretty nice. Voice acting so far is... decent, there hasn't been a whole lot of situations or voiced scenes, but they've been alright. I wasn't too fond of Milla's voice, but I heard very little of her.
 I dunno, I wanna play more, I'll try to sneak some Xillia during the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment