Wednesday, October 9, 2013

First Archimpressions: Blazblue: Continuum Shift II

 Not as bad as they say, not as good as it could...

 I've always been a fan of Guilty Gear, and while Blazblue never clicked with me as GG did, I could still appreciate it for what it was. Well, I had a blast with Guilty Gear X on the Gameboy Advance, a port a lot of people like to put on blast. Not me. I loved the hell out of that game, as gimped as it was. Where am I going? Once again I am presented with a gimped port of an Arksys fighter... and once again, I like it.
 Sure, the graphics are much simpler. The sound is really bad(Remember how GGX Advance sounded like a Gameboy Color game?). There's quite a bit of slowdown too... yet I can still see myself having fun on the long run with this game. What little I played, I like, mostly due to how good Blazblue is in itself. The simpler sprites are also kinda charming, although the slowdown is not welcome at all. The sound effects are hilariously bad, punches sound like whiffed hits.
 So yeah, that's it. Don't wanna give too much away before the Archview, heh. Speaking of Archviews, I finished SSFIV:3DE, so I will probably write it after I wake up. I never wrote part 2 of my  First Impressions on Tales of Xillia, but all that needs to be said is that it's a pretty good game, and I'm liking the combat a tiny bit more than Graces. And that means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment