Friday, August 16, 2024

Action Figure #403: S. H. Figuarts 2B

 2B or not 2B

 Well, I haven't played Nier Automata yet... but 2B looks rather cool, so I added her to my collection! And I'm rather surprised, because she is GOOD.
 I love how she turned out. I'm guessing she looks accurate to the game, since Figuarts are good at what they do, but even if she isn't, she is one good looking action figure. She has all sorts of details on her boots, gloves, dress, everywhere! She also comes with a nice assortment of accessories, including a base, which might be the best base I own now, a tiny floating robot with articulated arms, her sword, 4 face plates and a bunch of hands. Naruto Kurama Link Mode might have more accessories, but this girls' accessories offer a better value than a bazillion hands.
 The articulation is as good as the sculpt allows. I mean duh, but 2B's design has a few particularities.... anyways, she has butterfly joints on her shoulders, bicep and leg swivels, ball jointed hands, arms, legs, feet, abs and abdomen and double-jointed knees and elbows. She has some petal-like adornments on her elbows that do take a few degrees aways from her arm bend, and her puffy shoulder-pads prevent her from using her should articulation to the fullest, but other than that? She's a winner. Heck, her legs hace drop-down articulation, so you can get a lot of range out of them. Something that surprised me is that her sword doesn't come apart, so you have to finagle it into her hand.
 She feels a bit frails, so do be careful, this is how small her hand pegs are.
 There's a reason she comes with a base... her heels are TINY, and her big head and sword are a bit heavy, so balancing her on her feet, while not impossible, can be a bit tough.
 2B is a fantastic figure, she's fun to play with, and you can get her into a lot of cool poses. I also laove all the accessories she came with. This one is easily among my favorite Figuarts so far!
10

No comments:

Post a Comment