Friday, August 2, 2024

Action Figure #400: Marvel Legends Scarlet Spider(Sp//der Wave)

  And... this is it, the figure that started it all! 

 So, it's 2018, and it's December. I think I had just quit my job and was about to start a new one, so I had extra money. It was the same day that Super Smash Bros Ultimate released. It was the 7th of December too, because the game had a worldwide release... so I get into the Gamestore, and I had extra money, and I see it.. a Kaine, as Scarlet Spider, action figure. You should know by now that I absolutely adored Yost's comic book, so, since I had extra money... I purchased Kaine alongside my copy of Smash Bros. I absolutely fell in love with it. It was the first 6 inch action figure I had purchased as an adult, and the guy was awesome, he was super articulated, and so much fun to pose, and so many extra hands and... he was amazing. For a few years, he was the only figure I had, until one day I added Ben Reilly to keep him company. And then Iron Spider... and then it became my new hobby, as games started annoying me more and more with their dependency on patches and coming out broken and incomplete.
 As you'd probably guess, this figure kinda means a lot to me. So I love him. When I first got him I was so impressed at how detailed he was, and how accurate to the comic book it was. The only bad thing I can say about the sculpt is that in their effort go give him a meaner look... his head is also ever so slightly longer than the average Spider-Man. Not a huge issue, but still worth mentioning.
 I was also impressed with the articulation, the amount of poses the guy could hit was unreal. I even used him as a guide to draw some poses!
 This figure might not be as fantastic to anybody else, but to me? It will always be marvelous.
10

No comments:

Post a Comment