Friday, August 2, 2024

Action Figure #399: Marvel Legends Zabu(Zabu Wave)

  Who's a nice kitty?

 When Zabu was announced as the BAF I was disappointed. With BAF figures I expect something LARGE, something that rewards me for getting every figure in the wave. But Zabu? He looked so small. And mind, I like Zabu, Ka-Zar and Zabu cross-overed with Spider-man a bunch of times, so I do like him from the comics.... but, as I slowly had the figures shipped and I slowly built him up something happened... I started to love this guy.
 The figure looks beautiful, he is a very simple large kitty, but the sculpt does it so much justice, as the fur looks great, and the shape of the figure itself is also very nice. He's a thick boy, so he looks great next to other Marvel Legends, heck, he looks amazing next to my new Ryza figure.
 For a Cat, he's got a fair amount of articulation. The neck is separated from the torso, so you can move it around to give his neck even more range. The beck is ball-jointed, and the front and back legs lie on a ball-joint, so you've got some range to his sides. The front paws have single-jointed... elbows? Whatever it is on a cat, as well as having his paws on hinges you can move around. His hind legs have two different joins, so you can do a lot of stuff with him. His jaw is articulated as well.
 The only bad thing I have to say about him is that when his jaw is closed, it looks gappy. Other than that, fantastic figure.
 And thus, my disappointed was soon turned into hype. This figure is great, he is probably my favorite BAF, of the few completed ones I have, so far.
9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment