Friday, May 22, 2015

Now Playing: Silent Hill 4 - The Room

 Thank god it ain't ma room.
 Genre's that are not 'my thing': Racing, Sports, Simulation and Survival Horror. And yet, Silent Hill 4 struck a cord on me. I don't know why it did, but I know why it does today. Silent Hill 4 retains the honor of being the very first Survival Horror game that I beat, brings a tear to my eye really. First things first, I am playing on Easy, and there's two reasons for that: A) I beat this game previously, so yeah and B) I am a coward. No, really, it's not the game that scares me, but the idea that I might get stuck in an impossible situation. Sue me.

 Secondly, I love the premise. The idea behind it is pure genius, the whole deal with the locked room, and how a hole 'transports' him near future victims and what not. I loved, LOVED the story of the game, so much so that I'd tell my father(I was young and easily impressed, sue me) about the story as it developed. That hasn't changed one bit, since the game's start, it's got me hook, line and sinker. And the enemies? Creepy as hell. The grainy filter applied to the game works towards that as well. The gameplay is a bit clunky-ish, as expected of a Survival Horror, but the story and premise are so good that I can ignore what few annoyances it could cause, y'know, like the less than optimal camera(Leagues above Maximo's though!).

 Basically, I'm in love.

 PS: Henry's voice actor is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment