Thursday, May 7, 2015

Now Playing: Legacy of Kain - Defiance

 Time to finish the fight!
 Ah! Now this one I did finish, and I loved it. I really don't know how I made heads and tails out of the plot, considering I hadn't even defeated Soul Reaver 1's first boss, but I clearly remember having a blast playing it.

 But I digress, what's new? Everything. The moment you start playing, it's like everything is set on Turbo. Everything moves much more smoothly and swiftly. Even things like crossing metal barriers, which used to take 3-5 seconds, now it takes a second at most. I like the speed, I like my games fast after all. It's funny how much it borrows from DMC, but can you blame it? Still, the combo system is, or at least so far, watered down when compared to it, but it's still a huge step up from every other LoK game. Visually, it seems like environments took a hit? I think the textures aren't as detailed? I'm not sure, but on the other hand, the character models now look amazing.

 But the most important thing? After two games, it's back to Kain, and god, has he evolved. He looks like a proper badass, and fights like one as well. I remember them, Raziel and Kain, having mostly the same abilities, but at least the combos look different. Kain has powerful yet swift slashes, unwavering in his posture, while Raziel's slashes in a more acrobatic, loose way. I dig it.

 Not gonna lie, as much as I enjoyed every other game, sans Blood Omen 2, this is the game I've been looking forwards the most, and after playing the short, introductory Kain chapter, my hopes for this game are higher than ever. Hopefully it proves to be the definitive Legacy of Kain game that I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment