Friday, May 1, 2015

Now Playing: Bleach - Shattered Blade

 Let's play some terrible Wii Games!
 Whenever people talk bad about the Wii's library, I usually get defensive about it, like 'Screw you, dude, the Wii has great games, like No More Heroes, Xenoblade, The Last Story or Arc Rise Phantasia!(And if you skipped on this one due to the voice acting... you missed out.)'. But then I realized my problem... I cherry pick what I play, most of the time, so I know that I'm gonna play something decent. It was time to change that, so I decided to buy some terrible Wii games. Plus, Soul Reaver 2 hasn't arrived yet, so I can't finish the fight, and Jeanne D'Arc can only hold my interest during my breaks for so long...

 So, Bleach used to be good, remember? Soul Society is one of my favorite arcs in a shonen series EVER, yet it only went downhill from there. But let's go back in time when the DS was all the rage and I was in love with the Bleach fighting games on the DS. They were awesome, and I had a tiny bit of interest in Shattered Blade, but I knew that it was crap, so I opted to skip it, and wait for Versus Crusade(Which never arrived!). Which is why today I'm trying out Shattered Blade, and guess what? It ain't so bad! I mean, as a fighting game, it's terrible, and even, even if the game allowed for traditional joysticks, it would still suck. But as a game? It's not THAT bad. I mean, making a fighting game around waggling is all kinds of dumb, but the moment you stop taking the game seriously, you can have some fun with it.

 I mean, waggling the joystick around translates to dozens of slashes, thrusts and slices in a matter of seconds. It looks ridiculous, which makes it awesome. No, really, if this was anything but a fighting game, it could've made for a more interesting... something else. Basically, it boils down to this: It's a terrible 1/10 fighting game, it's probably the worst Bleach game out there, but as a game... I've played worse. But then again, I'm only done with Renji's story mode, so there's still time for it to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment