Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Now Playing: Animal Crossing

 'bout dang time.
 Animal Crossing has been called a 'sim' game, but issit really? I think 'Slice of Life' is more adequate, but then again, wouldn't that fall into the 'sim' category? Regardless, games like thesea re not my kind of games, and yet I own 3 Animal Crossing games, but I wanted to start the series with this one. I mean, this one was the first AC game I bought, but the Memory Card data required was kinda steep, so I had to get another Memory Card, and then I came along Animal Crossing on the DS(Which I didn't play) and then on the 3DS(Which I also didn't play, yet) and here I am.

 But there's a reason as to why I wanted to play the one on the Gamecube specifically: The NES games. I understand why they were removed, potential lost sales on the Wiiware store, but I think it's such a cool touch... I really wanted THIS Animal Crossing.

 I dunno how I feel about a game with no goal. I mean, I like Harvest Moon quite a bit, but even though it's rather open ended, the goal could be considered 'Become the very best farmer the world has ever seen', but what's my goal in Animal Crossing? Pay the house, and then expand, and then? Do the jobs for the townspeople? And what about these jobs, are they randomly generated or are they finite? I dunno.

 Basically, I played an hour, and I liked it, but I dunno how much life a game like this will have on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment