Friday, November 1, 2013

Month Overview: Game of August

 Games completed in August:
 Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition                    9
 Tales of Xillia                                                    7
 Blazblue: Continuum Shift 2                               5
 Dead or Alive: Dimensions                                8
 Bakugan: Rise of the Resistance                        5
 Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D                   5
 Dynasty Warriors 4                                          6
 Fragile Dreams: Farewell, Ruins of the Moon    7

 I finally played every 3DS fighting game, released in USA, yay! Know what? I think I actually prefer DoA to Tekken. I mean, I prefer Tekken when it comes to gameplay, but on the go? DoA provides a lot more entertainment, and it's almost as fun. BB is fun too, but the port is a bit shoddy. Regardless, Xillia finally arrived, yay times two, and I started it as soon as I got it, it was pretty good. But when it came to shockers, Fragile Dreams was phenomenal. It was so sad and depressing, but it left a lasting impression, how many games can claim that?

 Game of August:
 I admit I may have been a tad harsh on it, but only because I'm so invested in the Tales series and expected a tiny bit more. Regardless, it was pretty good and an easy recommendation. What makes it shine a bit more, is the lack of JRPGs during this generation, this kind of game is a dime a dozen, and it's actually a great game.

 Runner-up:
 There's three reasons I buy games: A) I think I will enjoy them, B) Curiosity or C) It's dirt cheap. I bought this one cause of A, but despite it being the reason, I'm not too keen on survival... which is why it surprised me how much I enjoyed this game. Part of it is it's depressing story, I love tragedies, and it seemed Seto couldn't catch a break. Probably a bit of style over substance, but I think it's bizarre charm carried the game beyond it's combat. I loved this game, I just wish I could've scored it more than a 7, but the math wouldn't add up. Still, on a personal scale, it's an 8 and not a 7. Just sayin'


No comments:

Post a Comment