Friday, December 6, 2013

Now Playing: Pokemon Y

 So when's Z coming out?
 This game is godammnedly gorgeous, from the opening scenes when the Pokemon professor speaks to the player, to the game itself and the animations.... truly a feast for the eyes. I mean... when you talk to a little kid, your character actually drops to his knees, it's so damnedly kawaii. And you can buy clothes, AND I CAN FINALLY BE A BLONDE POKEMON TRAINER, even if he kinda looks like a girl. And even if you can't take off the hat. I hate hats.
 As for the game itself, it's the same Pokemon game you have been playing for years now. Seriously, it feels the exact same, and y'know what? It's not a bad thing, as the core mechanics are sound. Although to be fair, I haven't gotten any HM or TM yet, so maybe there's new HMs? Although I did come across thorny vines that just want to be cut down, and open seas... guess some things never change. While battles play the same, they now have dynamic camera angles which reminded me of the original Pokemon Stadium(And the only one I played!). The battles look really nice, the animations are quite pretty and the Pokemons look fantastic. Battles are one of the few instances in which you can turn on 3D, and like most games, it produces some slowdown. It's not unplayable, but it's noticeable enough as not to care for the 3D at all.
 Know what my biggest gripe with the game is so far? I can't trade from Heart Gold or Pearl. Eternal hate. Oh no, in order to bring older Pokemon to Y and X you are gonna need Black and White(1 or 2) carts, even worse, it's gonna be a paid service.

No comments:

Post a Comment