Thursday, December 19, 2013

First Impressions: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

 COLOR EDIT!!!
 Dragon Ball Legends is one of my favorite Dragon Ball game ever, second only to Super Dragon Ball Z. Ever since I laid my eyes on Battle of Z I've been incredibly hyped about it, as it seems to be a spiritual successor of sorts. The demo just hit PSN, and I just had to try it, specially since I'm gonna buy it on day one.
 First impressions after the first missions? "It's alright, nothing special, a bit disappointing". But I soldiered on. And after I discovered color edit? Sweet Jesus almighty, the fun I was having with the demo just got multiplied by three. Yes, color edit means that much to me. As for the gameplay, it eventually grew on me, I actually like it. The whole X/Square to ascend descend it's alright, but both buttons acting as a dash is a bit iffy, y'see, if you want to descend you either have to be standing still or double-tap the button, otherwise you'll just dash. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.
 The one thing I disliked is that CPU allies seem to be dumb. On the Piccolo fight I didn't really keep track of them, but on the previous mission I gave Krillin "Full power" orders and he'd just run around the enemies without attacking. One of the things I liked the most about Legends was watching your allies fighting around you... hopefully, on larger fights they won't act so dumb, since I'm pretty sure that they were kinda-somewhat useful against the Piccolo clones.
 Final Word? January 28th can't come soon enough.... and two days later, Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost gets released, sequel to my second favorite Last Gen game, Gundam Extreme VS. Who knows, Full Boost might be able to dethrone Tekken Tag 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment