Thursday, December 12, 2013

Now Playing: Asura's Wrath

 This guy makes Kratos' anger look like a hissy fit.
 This game is not much of a game, but it's a fantastic piece of... interactive media. Yes, this is a case of style over substance, I admit it, and I love it. I love how it has mid-episode breaks, how after each episode you get an advance of the next one, and this advances are so good that they completely sell you on the idea that this is a show, presentation's this game's forte. I love it. I love the story, I love the character designs, I love the world, I love the characters, I love the cut-scenes and what little gameplay there is, I enjoy it.
 I'm up to chapter 5, the game is getting crazy. It's also giving me a very Hokuto no Ken vibe, which is really cool, as Hokuto no Ken is one of my favorite franchises ever. Ever. I can't say enough good things about this non-gamey game. The only con is that the game is, basically, a glorified cut-scene. I admit it. But this is like junk food, you know it's bad, you know it's not good food, but you still love it. This game is not a good "game" because it's not really a game, and it's not trying to, it's trying to be an anime, and it works. It works.
 And hey, it's better than Saint Seiya.

No comments:

Post a Comment