Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Month Overview: April 2018

 Tally:
Tomb Raider Anniversary 8.0
Prince of Persia - The Fallen King 3.0
Tomb Raider Legend 7.5
InFamous - Second Son 8.0
Enter the Matrix 3.5
Disney Infinity 2.0 4.5
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT 9.0

 My output decreased a little, but I managed to play a few longish games. Dissidia was a pleasant surprise, turning into a reskinned Gundam Versus... something I loved. I also discovered that Crystal Dynamics' first take on Tomb Raider was pretty much glorious.


Runner-up:
 As much as I liked Second Son, and I liked it, it left me with a bitter aftertaste of disappointment. I had fun with the game, liked it a whole bunch, but, but I just couldn't shake off the feeling that I was playing InFamous 2.5. So, y'know, the game is pretty darn great, but at least I was expecting a bit more out of it.

Winner:
 I know that people hated this Dissidia, but... I adored it. It's Gundam Extreme VS but 3-on-3 and with pretty boys. Duking it out with iconic characters is great, all the unlockables are great and the battling is delightful, even if I could've done without summons. They also changed everything I disliked about Dissidia on PSP, the tedium of having to customize equipment and movesets is gone, now you have a set moveset, but can pick between spells and HP-Attacks, which streamlines the game a lot making for a much more blissful arcade pick up-and-play experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment