Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Now Playing: Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage!

Still.... SO good.
He's got Ratchet's initial smugness.
 So, I had played a few hours of Persona 5, but was about to go to sleep. Why not play a bit o' Spyro 2? Suddenly I'm one hour past my bed time, wide awake and with the biggest grin on my face.

 Spyro 1 had a limited moveset? Now you can earn the ability to swim or to climb. Collectibles weren't rewarding? Orbs unlock bonus levels, treasure unlocks moves and stages and talismans unlock boss battles. Couple that with the same ol' brilliant gameplay and you've got a recipe for success.

 I'm sad to say... but I think I may like Spyro more than Crash. I mean, it helps that Crash 1 has aged like milk, but even so, Spyro 1 and Spyro 2 are just so GOOD, I wonder what's in store for me once I pick up Spyro 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment