Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Now Playing: Persona 5

 It's amazing.
I love the art, goddamn.
 So I'm 3:40 hours in and I'm loving it. I'm loving how Black is the new thematic color, I'm loving the new darker, more mature themes it's dealing with. I'm also loving how everything looks, with a very saturated color palette that looks incredible.

 I'm willing to forgive how Persona 4-ish the cast seems to be, with Ryuji being pretty much Yosuke, Morgana being a stand-in for Teddy and Ryuji and Morgana behaving just like Yosuke and Teddie. Ann seems like a fusion between Chie and Yukiko, with Yukiko's looks and personality but with Chie's bravado. But I adored Persona 4's cast and dynamics, so I'm willing to let it slide this one time... as long as Persona 6 doesn't try the same formula.

 Gameplay seem pretty good, although I'm not a fan of demon conversations. I like the system in Shin Megami Tensei, but I'd prefer keeping both series separate, something that Shin Megami Tensei IV failed to do.

 All in all, I'm mighty hopeful for this one. Seems to be everything I would've wanted out of Persona 6. Doing away with personal shadow confrontations, something that made the P4 cast so endearing is ballsy to say the least, and I'm not too much of a fan of this Thief motif, but I'm keeping an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment